Our Programme Areas
The JPF will provide financial, technical and advisory support to activities in three programme areas:
- Direct assistance to a nationally owned and inclusive peace process: This support is for both the ongoing negotiations and the implementation of agreements already made between the parties at Union and sub-national level, for example, the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement (NCA) and bi-lateral ceasefires.
- Peacebuilding initiatives and activities that strengthen the peace process: The JPF will support peacebuilding initiatives that strengthen the peace process, activities that favour the implementation of agreements already made, and enable broader participation, particularly that of women.
- Research and Innovation: The JPF will support applied research and innovation initiatives that enhance shared understanding, inform and enable public participation, and harness digital technology to promote awareness raising, collaborative learning, and engagement.
Across these three programme areas, the JPF will prioritise projects that promote a more inclusive peace process because experience shows that the more inclusive a process the more sustainable it is likely to be. The JPF will particularly support projects that seek to:
- Support the meaningful participation of women in the process.
- Engage youth in the decisions being made about their future.
- Include communities long affected by decades of armed conflict.